- KBRPL has expanded their horizons by initiating the drug discovery efforts in areas that have scientific and commercial promise: Metabolic Disorders, Oncology,Immunology, Pain and Inflammation.
- The research model would focus both on acquiring new assets from other organizations /Institutes as well as out-licensing existing in-house portfolios.
- KBRPL in-licensed two programs from Piramal Enterprises Ltd., Mumbai, namely RoR-gamma t antagonist (for autoimmune disorders) and GPR120 agonists (for diabetes and metabolic disorders).
- The state-of-the art, R & D centre is situated in Kalyani, a well-connected town on the outskirts of Kolkata.
- KBRPL has 5 molecules in various stages of discovery to preclinical development
- Several collaborative research programs have been signed with premier government institutes like Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee, National Institute of Technology, Durgapur etc.